Friday, June 8, 2018

[Review] 1/10 Scale Kotobukiya Model Kit - Rockman Zero















Review:
My experience with this model kit is a mix emotion of excitement and frustration because it wasn't what I was expecting. Building it was fun and worthwhile. There were some parts that needed some panel linings and paint jobs such as yellow markers for the chest, white markers for the fingers and black markers for the blaster. He has 2 interchangeable faces with a close and open mouth. Just like with Megaman, you can slide off the face from the helmet. The eyes can be change with 6 different variations. Each pair of eyes are looking on different directions. For weapons, he has a blaster and a beam saber. It also comes with 8 pairs of hands: closed fists, open hands, trigger fingers for the blaster and another pair for holding the beam saber. I really like the left open hand because it has the letter "Z" embedded on the palm.

Moving on to the negative part of this plamo is the articulation. It's so poor that everything falls off from the hands to the elbow when posing. I didn't experience this much of challenge back with the Megaman model kit. I had high hopes for Rockman Zero considering his movements are supposed to be agile. It really tested my patience to the point that I gave up using the weapons and switching of hands. Instead, I settled with the open hands and made use of blue fire effects for the background as a workaround to make some cool poses.

Worst thing that happened is the hair broke off when I was moving it. I should have anticipated it considering the peg for the hair is too small. I just applied some super glue to it and put the model inside the glass case after taking pictures of it. I'll just leave it on display and I don't think I'll ever work with it again.

Overall, I still enjoyed taking pictures of this model thanks to the blue fire effects. My only regret was that I wasn't able to make use of the weapons. I hope you still find this review useful even though it lacks some pictures for the weapons. I can't recommend getting this model kit unless your familiar with how Kotobukiya model kit works. After this, I'll be working on the Protoman model kit and I'm hoping that one will be a lot better than this in terms of articulation.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...