Thursday, November 17, 2011

Review: HG 1/144 - 0 Gundam




Model Number: GN-000
Pilot: Ribbons Almark
Appearance: Gundam 00
Manufacturer: Krung Thep
Operator: Celestial Being
                Innovators
Equipment: GN Beam Gun
                  GN Beam Saber (not included in the kit)
                  Gundam Shield
                  GN Feather
                  GN Battery




Shield and Beam Gun

GN Battery

GN Feather





















































Review:
Obviously, the 0 Gundam was a quick build. It mainly focused on two runners, alternating between white and black parts. Although the color scheme is gloomy, I like the simplicity of the model. That's why I didn't do any custom changes because I want it to remain on it's original look. Most of the extra details are done on the legs with black markings and panel lines. While the other parts needed only few panel lines. As of the gn core, I put green glitters on it for sparkling effects (even though it's not that noticeable). There are also yellow stickers for details on the hips and antenna.

The model kit only comes with a beam handgun and a shield for it's equipment. There's even a beam saber handle attached at the back, but the saber itself is not included. I know this model is cheap, but Bandai could have atleast included a beam saber to the kit. The last feature of the kit and the only reason why I bought this is the gn feather. I really love it's sparkling green effect. It is attached at the back, secured in place by the gn drive. I'm planning on using the gn feather on the 00 Qan[T]. Now that would be awesome. The kit also has a GN Battery that can be used as an alternative part for the GN Drive at the back.

I could come up only with few poses due to the kit's lack of armaments and features. But still this depends on your sense of imagination. I'm sure there are still a lot of cool poses. My favorite posing would be the 0 Gundam with it's gn feather on and to make most of this post, you need to have a stand or action base (preferably the sparkling green).

There's nothing bad about this model, other than the fact it lacks armaments. But it's understandable since that's how the 0 Gundam was presented in the anime. Most experienced gunpla builders may find this model kit too easy to build and no challenge at all. Even though, the 0 Gundam is a great addition to anyone's gunpla collection. Overall, the HG 1/144 0 Gundam is a decent model kit. If you were to choose between the original and ACD version of the 0 Gundam, I highly recommend the original version only because of the gn feather. It's rare for a gundam to have this kind of cool feature. This concludes my review of the 0 Gundam. Thank you for reading and I hope you found it useful. Check out also my other gunpla reviews and look forward to more gunpla model posts.

Rating: 5 out of 5 (only because of the GN Feather)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...