Monday, February 21, 2011

Gundam Assault Survive





Developer: Artdink
Publisher: Bandai
Platform: PlayStation Portable
Genre: Action
Language: Japanese
Release Date: March 18, 2010
























Review:
                Gundam Assault Survive is a classic action - simulation game where you will take control of a mobile suit and roam around the battlefield to fight foes. It is the 5th installment in the Gundam Battle series. This is a game where the old and new gundam series collide. You will start with UC 0079, going through different gundam series and end with 00. I didn't expect I would play this kind of game again. I've already played the early games of this series and I easily got bored. I just want to check if there are any improvements in the new game. Unfortunately it's still the same. Well, there are some new minor features. But they're not enough to attract my attention. What I'm really after are the gundams from the 00 series. I want to see the Exia in classic style action.
              
                  Expect several hours of gameplay as you go through a lot of missions and collect mobile suits. But don't worry because you are not alone. You will be accompanied by two AI mobile suits. So team work plays a role in your victory. As you can see even though the game is in japanese, the mechanics is quite easy to understand. The graphics are good. It's something you would expect from a psp game. If there's something this series specializes at, that would be the game designs. The mobile suits are well detailed and each stage are properly made. You could really feel the atmosphere of the battlefield. The sound effects are still the same classic gundam style, which should always be remain unchanged. That's about it for the game's main features.
              
                 I'm not a fan of this type of game and disappointed on how it turned out.. It might be because I'm already spoiled by the Another Century Episode series type of gameplay. The only great thing about Gundam Assault Survive is that there are so many gundams in the game. I am able to play my all time favorite Freedom Gundam in a classic style gameplay. Hopefully, the next volume would make a major improvement. Overall, I didn't like the game. I wouldn't recommend this game unless your a fan of the classic gundam gameplay. There are a lot of better gundam games out there. That concludes my review for Gundam Assault Survive. Thank you for reading and I hope you found it useful. Also, check out my other gundam related game reviews.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...