Saturday, July 9, 2011

Anime Review: Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny



Genre: Mecha, Drama, Military, Romance
Episodes: 50 and 2 specials
Original Run: Oct. 9, 2004 - Oct. 1, 2005
Studio: Sunrise
Licensed by: Bandai Entertainment
Written by: Chiaki Morosawa





















Image source:

Review:
               The Gundam Seed became popular to the fans and its natural for the series to get a 2nd season. Expect most of the characters from the 1st season to be included with some new addition. Seed Destiny introduces a new protagonist to the story named Shin. Of course Kira and Athrun still plays a major role to the story. But in comparison to the 1st season, the story became a little bit of dull on the 2nd season. The story is straight forward and the plot is something you would expect. It feels like the Seed Destiny was forced to be made just to please the fans. However, I do like how the characters developed. There are some changes made in regards to the love interests and the relationship between characters. I pay less attention to this kind of stuff. But I a lot of people are affected by this.

               What I like best about the Seed Destiny are the battle scenes and the new gundams. Each fight is full of intensity and excitement. It takes the gundam fight to a whole new level. There are a lot of new cool gundams such as the Akatsuki, Destiny, Legend, Infinite Justice, and a lot more. But my favorite gundam of all time is the Strike Freedom. My favorite part of the show is where the Strike Freedom made it's first appearance and wiped out an army of mobile suits in just a few seconds. It's a lot more powerful than the Freedom. Everything has been fully upgraded, from the mobility up to the weapon system. I consider the Strike Freedom as the most powerful gundam in history. As for the other gundam, you have to see for yourself on what their capable of. Aside from the battle scenes and gundams, another great thing about the 2nd season is the music. The background music and sound effects on each scene fits perfectly, especially during dramatic moments. The opening and ending songs are good. But not as good as the songs from the 1st season. These are just some of the good qualities on what the Seed Destiny has to offer.

                Overall, I like the Gundam Seed Destiny. It's one of the best gundam series I've ever watched. I admit it's not that perfect. Like any other series, the Seed Destiny has it's own strong and weak points. The story isn't great compared to the first season. But the fight scenes are definitely one of the greatest. I love all of the gundams and I've grown attached to the characters. That is why I was so affected on how things turn out for each character. Having a 2nd season is really worth it, since the Seed Destiny ends the series with a grand finale. If you haven't watch Gundam Seed Destiny, then I highly recommend you try it out. As a gundam fan, I gurantee you'll love it. It's one of those series that you don't want to miss. This concludes my anime review on Gundam Seed Destiny. Thank you for reading and I hope you found my review useful. Check out also my other anime reviews.


Rating: 4.5 out of 5


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...